- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 1
- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 2
- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 3
- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 4
- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 5
- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 6
- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 7
- Rethinking How I Use Internet: 8
- Why I Keep Coming Back to Blogging
- Adventures in Building a Library Catalog
Decided to experiment on my social media use: I’ll be giving most of the control to the automation for a while.
With September on its way, workload is getting heavier and #1000mphclub life is coming back strong. This means I have to give up something to save some space in my mind. But at the same time, totally quitting social media is not an option. Not just because I’m a freelance writer but also there are people I’m actually interested in what they’re doing.
So I decided to go with lurking and automation for a while. Meaning, I’ll be mostly in read-only mode (exception will be the private channels) and most of the posting will happen through automated stuff. This also means more blog posts, regular newsletters and Patreon posts, because those are, in a sense, private channels too.
I’m going with this option not just because I need to save some energy but also want to see if and how my perspective about those platforms will change. Stepping back and looking from a distance may help me to gain a different perspective.
Not sure how long it’s going to last but the current situation already forces me to stay away until the end of September. We’ll see how it goes.